Vacancy: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Namibia Rugby Union (“NRU”) invites applications from suitably qualified persons who are ready and willing in attaining NRU’s vision of taking the Game to the next level by consistently progressing towards competitive performance on the world stage.
Purpose of the Job:
To provide vision, leadership, overall guidance and direction to the NRU so that the strategic and operational goals and plans are met. To ensure the effective implementation of overall strategies and mission of being a functional high performance union that attracts and retains the right people with capacity and capability, guiding the Game into appropriate competition and ensuring a performance pathway for all. In addition, optimising on the utilisation of resources in the delivery of services to ensure that the Game flourishes at both the participation and performance levels within the NRU territory.
Main Performance Areas:
- To initiate, implement and drive strategic plans and processes.
- To provide strategic direction to advance the NRU’s mission, vision and objectives.
- To oversee and enforce business policies and procedures to achieve the NRU’s goals and plans.
- Financial management which include budget management and budgetary control to enable effective management of the NRU.
- Develops commercial and revenue generation plans for the organization.
- Overall execution and monitoring of the operational plan of the NRU to ensure key performance indicators are met.
- Reviewing and evaluating results and reporting to the Board.
- Acts as the secretary of the Board
- To ensure the image of the NRU is upheld and build, maintain and manages key stakeholder engagement and relationships.
- To handle special projects of significant impact to NRU.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- Experience at a senior management level within a medium-sized organization.
- In-depth understanding of rugby development strategies as they relate to developing countries and markets.
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Finance, Economics or any relevant equivalent qualification
- Proven track record with at least 5 years’ experience in effective leadership capacity.
- Strong administrative management experience
- Financial industry experience would be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent human management skills.
- Ability to lead the development of detailed strategic plans for an organization and oversee their implementation.
- Ability to provide leadership in all aspects of the operations of the organization.
- Ability to think and function strategically and work under pressure.
- Evidence of excellent financial management and budget preparation skills.
- Financial management, budget and financial acumen and decision-making skills.
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal stakeholders and third parties.
- Ability to manage change
- Experience in developing successful commercial programs and revenue generation strategies for a medium-sized organization or governing body.
- Ability to manage strategic projects and is able to lead his or her management team successfully and sustainably into the future;
- A forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus.
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of ability to deal with the media and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
- A well organised and self-directed individual who is a team player with an ability to plan and direct the goals of the business and an ability to deliver high quality results
- Excellent report-writing and presentation skills with experience in making presentations at board level and who can relate to people at all levels of an organisationand possesses excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- An approachable person who is able to communicate openly and strategically with his or her team.
- Ability to manage conflict with solid negotiation, influencing and problem solving skills; and
- Has a natural savvy for entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
Namibian citizens will be preferred.
NRU is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive remuneration and benefits packages. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
Closing Date: 20th April 2016